Welcome to my Photo Blog!

Hey There! Thanks for stopping by my new BLOGSITE- a blog & website all rolled into one! I'll be blogging updates pretty regularly! If you're interested in specifics, you can click on any of the galleries above.

I hope you enjoy surfing the site and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Thanks! - Andie


Please note that all images are the property of Andrea Savoie Photography (C) and are not to be reproduced, copied, or downloaded.




Sunday, October 3, 2010

Welcome, Autumn




Autumn is one of my most favorite times of the year. I love cool, crisp fall days where I can open the windows and let fresh air take over my house. I love the smell of pumpkin and just fallen leaves matted with morning moisture. I love the sound of whistles and announcements over the loudspeaker at high school football games. Being from Louisiana, I crave the simple fall nuances that those up north often take for granted- apple picking, hayrides, and fall foliage are all things we don't really get here in the south. We do our best with pumpkin patches, spiced drinks, and "gumbo weather" and relish every minute of it.  





There is just something so soothing, though, about laying in a pile of leaves and looking up to see the sun peek through a web of fiery gold & red.






And there is something so incredibly fun about spending a crisp Sunday afternoon wandering around an apple orchard or pumpkin patch.



Or perhaps even a corn maze.

   






Let's also not forget Halloween, one of my most favorite holidays- when at Eastern State Penitentiary- I saw the gargoyles-  This guy looked like he was always looking at me- no matter what.  Isn't it creepy?


 


There's no denying it, though. Autumn is here, and I'm really happy about it.



1 comment:

  1. Love the light on the gargoyles and the sun burst through the trees -- go gorgeous!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete