Welcome to my Photo Blog!

Hey There! Thanks for stopping by my new BLOGSITE- a blog & website all rolled into one! I'll be blogging updates pretty regularly! If you're interested in specifics, you can click on any of the galleries above.

I hope you enjoy surfing the site and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Thanks! - Andie


Please note that all images are the property of Andrea Savoie Photography (C) and are not to be reproduced, copied, or downloaded.




Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Paul B. Johnson State Park, Mississippi

Earlier this summer, we decided to spend a weekend camping in Mississippi. We selected the peaceful and beautiful Paul B. Johnson State Park which is located right outside of Hattiesburg, MS.


I am always up for a quick weekend trip and this outing did not disappoint.




There is really something to be said about an afternoon nature hike where you see scores of butterflies and dragonflies who seem to fly around you like little fairies.

Or to see the beams of golden sunlight peek through the lush landscape of pine and birch trees... It was almost like God (and Mamoo) were smiling down on us as we trudged through the brush. Then, as we walked toward the shore of the lake on the campground, we saw a beautiful, large rainbow. (which there is a second small one right behind it!) It was a gorgeous sight!
As the night drew upon us, we embraced that still, tranquil moment of twilight where the sky turns that majestic shade of purple and all sounds are drowned out by the song of cicadas.


While I really enjoyed having some s'mores and eating bbq by a campfire, I do think the part I loved most about this camping trip was our midnight bike ride.

We took a bike ride very late one night and just about everyone on the campground had retired to bed for the evening. All we had to guide us was the light of the very bright and low full moon shining over the lake. I have never felt a feeling of peace like I did at that moment as I let the breeze blow through my hair while I coasted down a hill on my bike.

There is just something so incredibly good for the soul when you take in all of the beauty of the nature around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment