Welcome to my Photo Blog!

Hey There! Thanks for stopping by my new BLOGSITE- a blog & website all rolled into one! I'll be blogging updates pretty regularly! If you're interested in specifics, you can click on any of the galleries above.

I hope you enjoy surfing the site and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions!

Thanks! - Andie


Please note that all images are the property of Andrea Savoie Photography (C) and are not to be reproduced, copied, or downloaded.




Saturday, June 5, 2010

Water Hyacinth

Lately, I've been dabbling in taking pictures of things around me that catch my eye. You will see a series of photos here & there of scenes that make me take a moment to appreciate life. Some of these pictures will be from local locations and others may be from trips I've taken. I hope you'll enjoy looking at these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Today is the first installment- a scene that is often seen along the highway as I drive home.


While these flowers are actually noxious and harmful to the sea life underneath, they are a beautiful spectacle every year when they sprout up along the canals and swamps of Southeastern Louisiana. Right at sunset, the site of these flowers en masse can just take my breath away. It's always a reminder to take it all in and enjoy the many gifts that nature has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment